2. What personal information do we collect
Wedgewood House may collect the following Personal Data from you which may identify you as an individual or from which you may be identified:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode and contact telephone numbers
- Business information, such as employer details and job title, if this was provided at the time of booking
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details
- Records of correspondence
- Purchase history, including the date(s) of your stay and the room number you occupied
- Demographic information
- Information about room, other preferences and information required to fulfil special requests made by you (such as special diets, allergies etc)
- Customer communication preferences
- Customer feedback
- Computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system).
We may also collect Personal Data:
- Through our website
- Through reservation centres such as booking.com, laterooms.com or Tripadvisor
- Through social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Where you book accommodation for other people, we will ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
3. Embedded content from other websites
4. Booking accommodation with us through a booking agency
When you book accommodation with us through third party booking agency websites such as booking.com or laterooms.com or Tripadvisor, you should first familiarise yourself with their privacy policies. Their policies will apply to any actions that you take on their websites or to information that you provide them with. When you make a booking through a booking agency, you accept that they will provide us with the personal data that we need in order to fulfil your booking, such as contact details, credit card information, any special requests that you make as well as any communications that you make to us through their service. The personal data you provide to the third party booking agencies will be transmitted from their website to Siteminder’s secure servers where it will be stored in the same way as if you had made the reservation directly with us.
5. How do we use your personal information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of room bookings at our guest house
- To answer your requests for information
- To keep you safe with regard to allergies and intolerances
- Processing transactions;
- We may also send you messages relating to your booking (eg reservation/booking confirmation, pre-arrival information and post check-out message)
- We may ask you to complete a survey to help us to identify areas for improvement. This is voluntary.
- Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. With your permission, we will keep you informed of news and promotions. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting
- Correspondence between us, including where you use our ‘Contact us’ form.
6. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We only use your personal information for the purposes of running our guest house and keeping legally required documentation. In the course of running our guest house, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Service providers such as our credit card merchant (WorldPay) and our hotel reservation & distribution system company (Siteminder)
- Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), measures have been put in place to keep your information secure.
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets)
7. Non Personal Information
We may also collect aggregated and/or anonymized information, demographic and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Because Non-Personal information does not personally identify you, we may use such information without limitation for the purposes of business analysis and to improve the user experience of our website. As you navigate our website, we and our service providers may collect certain Non-Personal information such as your computer type, screen resolution, OS version, internet browser and version using automatic data collection technologies, such as “cookies”, “pixels” and “tags”
Wedgewood House takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
On our website we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and the server where your data is stored. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small “padlock” symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, the web servers where your reservation & personal data is stored (by Siteminder on Amazon Web Servers) are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to the databases by unauthorised users. All servers where your data is stored are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
We further protect the security of your information by only working with partners that we trust and who we believe value the security and privacy of your data as highly as we do.
10. International transfers
11. Data Breach
If we become aware of any data breach involving your personal information, we will inform you.
12. Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this service.
14. Contact us
Nigel and Elspeth Evans
42 St Stephens Road
Or by email at email@example.com
15. Further information
Wedgewood House is owned by Nigel and Elspeth Evans